Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My .emacs base




Each time when I move to next machine I install GNU Emacs on it. For the last 8 years it's been the best development tool (and much more), that I've seen. The problem is that each time when I set up a new machine I have to start writing .emacs file from scraches. Ofcourse I download from my gmail account some examples that I've used in my previous machines, but I fought that it would be nicer to get it from a blog, then search throu entire mail. Here is my .emacs base:


(global-font-lock-mode 1)
(show-paren-mode 1)
(setq dired-recursive-deletes 'always)

(global-set-key [f8] '(lambda () (interactive) (find-file "c:/.emacs")))

(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/worek/emacsPlugins/color-theme-6.6.0")
(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/worek/emacsPlugins/pink-bliss")

;color-theme
(require 'color-theme)
(color-theme-initialize)

;pink-bliss
(require 'pink-bliss)
(pink-bliss)

(defun load-dot-emacs ()
"load dot emacs"
(interactive)
(load-file "c:/.emacs"))

(defun dot-emacs ()
"find file .emacs"
(interactive)
(find-file "c:/.emacs"))

No comments: