Monday, October 26, 2015

InteliJ is a joke part1


I already can see that there will be part2 and followups. I totally do not understand how as popular language as Java lacks a good and modern IDE. I started to write a code in Java 8.

I created a new project and I had to manually point IDEA to a location of my Java SDK - guys how silly is that. Why not figuring out at least the default Java location from PATH, or check JAVA_HOME variable. How about making programmers life easier!

But I still was not able to write using Java 8! First I had to deal with lambda expressions not supported at this language level error. But that wasn't it, then I was greeted with javactask source release 8 requires target release 1.8 problem. Somehow IDEA thought that I was going to code using Java in version 1.5. I can't believe it, I don't have any other version then 1.8 installed on my machine and it is 21 century; why would I want to code by default in Java 1.5?

I will just add that I am using the newest IDEA IDE; current version is 14.1.

No comments: