Thursday, December 29, 2011

JavaScript as I know it

I really like a JavaScript language. But I am concerned about all the buzz around frameworks like node.js, knockoutjs or spinejs. My worries concentrate on a language and a knowledge of it. Who knows what does ++[[]][+[]]+[+[]] do? What about problem described in this article. There are so many pitfalls, and it's so hard to pass thru without stepping on a mine. There is not a single tool that I know that allowed writing a code in a JavaScript just like in a C# or Java - with a good warning, suggestion support, strong typing (I am willing to give up dynamic power in a JavaScript just to check for problems during compilation), or abbreviation support. I don't feel after reading books like JavaScript: The Good Parts, JavaScript Patterns, Pro JavaScript Techniques or JQuery Cookbook that I feel safer. I'm really curious what will happen in the future with the language, tools, and ideas of writing business logic or more control on a JavaScript side.

No comments: